Handling of personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation - GDPR
This policy is to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what options you have regarding your data.
We collect information in different ways
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to access it
When you register for, or use, any of Human Awareness' services, you voluntarily provide us with certain information. When you sign up for our newsletter, buy or receive a product or service, or begin a registration for our courses and trainings, it includes your name and email address. If you fill out a registration, it also includes your telephone number, your address and your answers to the questions in the registration form, as well as any comments and other information you give us. If you pay for something at Human Awareness, we collect payment information and information about what you have paid for.
2. We also collect technical information when you visit Human Awareness
Each time you use a website, mobile app or other internet service, certain information is created that is logged automatically. The same is true when you visit Human Awareness. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data - When you visit Human Awareness, our servers record information ("log data"), including information that your browser automatically sends when you visit a website or that your mobile app automatically sends when you use it. This log data includes your IP address, address and activity on the website you are visiting which has features related to Human Awareness, searches, browser type and settings, date and time of your request, how you use our services, cookies and device data. If you want, you can get more information about the different types of information we collect in our logs.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about which device you use on Human Awareness, including the type of device and operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data that help us understand when something is breaking. Whether we collect this information often depends on the type of device you are using and its settings. For example, there are different types of information available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, an iPhone or an Android phone. To read more about what information your device makes available to us, check what's in the manufacturer's or software's policy.
3. Our partners, coaches and group leaders share information with us
We also obtain information about you and your activity from our affiliates, partners, coaches and group leaders, and other third party actors with whom we partner or other publicly available sources.
What we do with the information collected
We use the information we collect to provide our services to you. Our goal is to provide you with content that is relevant, interesting and customized for you. To do this, it is necessary for us to use your information to:
- Identify yourself when you visit Human Awareness, contact us or use our services and process your transactions.
- Recommend topics or areas that you may be interested in based on your activity on Human Awareness. For example, if we see that you are interested in “Health & Lifestyle”, we can suggest information, or show you advertising, related to that topic.
- Answer your questions or comments.
We also have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It is also fundamental to the services we provide, in order for us to develop these and ensure that they are relevant, interesting and customized for you, and that it is a mutual interest that we do this.
We also have a legitimate interest in improving Human Awareness, maintaining our relationship with you and protecting our clients. We both benefit when we use your information to:
- Perform analyzes on who visits Human Awareness and what they do.
- Improve Human Awareness services and offer new features.
- Send updates (for example, when a particular activity happens in an education) and news via email, text message or push notifications.
We have a legitimate interest in providing information and advertising that is relevant, interesting and tailored to you, in order to generate revenue. It is expensive to provide and develop our services, and to promote this we use the information we collect to:
- Tell our partners how their advertising is performing and how they can improve it.
- Tell our partners what types of services and products you may be interested in. This helps us and our partners ensure that content and advertising are relevant to you.
We have a legitimate interest in using the information we collect to customize your Human Awareness experience based on your offsite behavior.
In addition to the above specific circumstances, we only use your information with your consent to:
- Send you marketing in the form of emails, sms or push messages. Every time we send you marketing, we give you the opportunity to terminate the service.
- Identify your location and customize the content presented to you. For example, if we know you live in London, UK, we can show you local courses and trainings.
- Tell our partners how their activities are performing.
- Identify yourself from different browser sessions. This means that if you visit Human Awareness from your phone (or any other device), we remember that you are you, and you do not need to enter your information every time you visit Human Awareness.
How long we keep your information
We will only retain your information for as long as we need it in order to provide Human Awareness' services and to fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This also applies to everyone with whom we share your information and to those who perform services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no longer any need to keep it to comply with laws or obligations, we will delete it from our systems or anonymise it so that you cannot be identified.
Our policy regarding children's information
Only adults, over the age of 18, may use Human Awareness' services. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA), you may only use Human Awareness' services if you are old enough to consent to the processing of data under the laws of your country. If you are a parent and have become aware that your child uses Human Awareness' services without your consent, please contact us.
You have the options below to choose from regarding the information we have about you. To use any of these options, contact us. If you are a user living within the EEA, you can:
- Access the information we have about you. We usually share this with us within 30 days of asking us for it.
- Get your information corrected or deleted, contact us.
- Oppose that we process your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you emails or push messages. If you refrain from receiving marketing messages from us, we can still send you newsletters, updates on your account and course information. We will only send marketing material that you have agreed to, if you do not want to receive it you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
- Send your information to another organization where we collect information with your permission or for the execution of a contract with you, if technically possible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe that we have not complied with data protection laws, you have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or your local regulator.